With apologies to David Letterman, here are the top 10 reasons why you should hire a writer for your business website and blog.
10. If you’re busy writing your website, you’re probably not doing something else your business relies on you to do. You know, like selling something, making something, fixing something, or delighting a customer.
9. There are parts of a website they didn’t teach you about in English class, such as page titles, meta tags, and calls-to-action.
8. Yes, you can do that “live long and prosper” thingy with your fingers just like Spock, but you still don’t speak Google.
7. Rewriting your top competitor’s website and inserting your business name is cheating.
6. Smart marketers pay writers to handle their website and blog because their work makes a difference in attracting, engaging, and persuading their ideal customers.
5. Those photos of your family vacation to Asheville are of little interest to the people who used to be your prospects (until they went to your website).
4. You thought a “long tail keyword” was an alternative lifestyle dating site.
3. Every sentence you write begins with ‘I’ or ‘We.’ Okay, you’ve fixed it. Make that every other sentence.
2. Your social media links point to an offer for 1,000 free hours of AOL.
1. Top 10 lists like this may be a Late Show tradition, but if your content is late, your business is in trouble. Chances are, the designer you’ve already hired has been pestering you for content for three months. Writers who make a living by writing content such as websites, blogs, and emails meet their deadlines.
There are many professional writers who can help you with your website and blog. I am the one whose blog post you are reading right now. To schedule a free, no obligation, 30-minute phone consultation about your website or blog, send me an email or call me, Meyer Baron, at 727-235-2841.