Before you can engage website visitors, you have to get them to visit. Businesses committed to succeeding online use one, two, or all three of these proven methods for getting found and attracting people to their website.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Writing a webpage is a bit of a high-wire act. You have to engage visitors and move them to act, while simultaneously informing the search engines of what’s important on each page.
My approach to SEO is through what is known as “on-page SEO.” This approach focuses on the parts of a webpage that search engines read:
- Page title
- Page description
- Body copy
- Links from the body copy to other pages on your site
- Alt tags
Together, all of these help the search engine understand what your page is about and what content on it is most important.
When done right, on-page SEO makes a substantial difference in two things.
- Where the page ranks on searches for particular keyword phrases
- Improving the odds that someone who comes across your link in a search engine will click on it
Videos frequently show up in searches on the major search engines. Sometimes, an amateurish looking video makes it all the way to the top, while at other times the greatest video ever created on a particular subject doesn’t rank at all. Why?
The search engines can’t see the video. What they do see are:
- Title of the video from the site where it is hosted (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Description of the video on the hosting site
Video SEO works much like on-page SEO. To succeed, you have to use the language your customers use when they search.
1SmartPuppy can help your B2B small businesses succeed on social media.
- Compose new LinkedIn profiles for individuals and companies that will help you get found on LinkedIn search
- Expand your network of relevant LinkedIn connections
- Develop social selling campaigns on LinkedIn
- Build your Twitter following
- Post original and curated content on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and Facebook
Contact 1SmartPuppy and let’s see what we can do for you.
Why hire a big dog agency when all you need is 1SmartPuppy?