To be confident that your content marketing succeeds, you need a content strategy that addresses your company’s DNA, what your ideal buyers seek, and how to position your business online in light of your competition.
That’s why I invented the Content Bridge content strategy, 1SmartPuppy’s signature service.
Become your ideal customer’s first choice
In developing your Content Bridge, 1SmartPuppy researches and analyzes your business in the context of your customers and competition to discover exactly who you are in your marketplace and how you need to communicate with your ideal customers.
Businesses and their ideal customers are separated by a virtual gap that makes it difficult for companies to communicate with and influence the right people. It’s just as difficult for those ideal customers to distinguish one brand they might consider from another.
The distance between the two is simply too great. To businesses, all potential customers look alike. To buyers, all companies look alike.
Content Bridge, begins with research and analysis of your company, competition, and customers.
That analysis takes shape in the form of two towers on opposite sides of that virtual gap: your Brand Position (which helps you stand out from your competition) and Buyer Personas (which shows you who your ideals customers are and what matters most to them).
From the two towers of Brand Position and Buyer Persona, strategy and tactics become clear, because we can see exactly what needs to be said to your target audience and what forms that content should take.
The result is a content marketing strategy that will replace your online marketing guesswork with confidence, showing you how to bridge the gap between your brand and your buyers.
Going the extra mile to know your customers
Demographics and user data are good for creating prospect profiles, but useful buyer personas include more.
By interviewing actual customers, I will discover the key factors that influence their decisions when seeking a solution like yours. These are what the Buyer Persona Institute refers to as The Five Rings of Insight.
- Priority Initiatives | Why the buyer was searching for a solution
- Success Factors | How will the hoped for outcome change the buyer’s future
- Perceived Barriers | What barriers prevented the buyer from making other choices
- Buying Process | What steps did the buyer go through in making a decision
- Decision Criteria | What specific factors were most important to the buyer’s decision
Accurate buyer personas tell you how to appeal to the people who are most interested in doing business with you. They tell you exactly what kind of content you need to publish to meet your prospect’s needs and expectations.
Making sure you understand your competition
You can’t create a strong brand position that will hold up unless you know how your competitors are appealing to prospects and have positioned themselves.
I analyze the websites of companies you see as competitors as well as those you haven’t listed that show up ahead of you on Google. You will discover:
- How each competitor is appealing to their clients
- Benefits they offer
- What is visually appealing about their website
- Expectations they create
- What content they publish is shared the most on social media
- Their brand position
At the end of this section of the Content Bridge, your site will be evaluated using the same criteria, so you know exactly where you stand today.
- Content Bridge can be developed à la carte or as part of an ongoing content engagement
- Each Content Bridge is custom-tailored for your business and can be created to address a shift in your business, such as:
- Pre-design for a new website or makeover
- Adding new products and/or services
- Change in business priorities, goals, or culture
- Allow four weeks for the completion of your Content Bridge
Content Bridge shows you how to use content marketing effectively. If you are guessing about how to use content today, contact Meyer Baron and let Content Bridge replace that guesswork with certainty.
Related blog posts:
- How content marketing helps you attract and convert total strangers
- Bridging the Gap between Your Brand and Your Buyers
Why hire a big dog agency when all you need is 1SmartPuppy?