Effective content marketing begins with essential content
Every day 10,000 brand messages battle for your attention. That’s up from 3,500 in 2005. What started as the content revolution has exploded into content overload.
We spend almost as much time deciding what to not look at as we do reading, watching, and listening to content we find worthy of our attention. We pay attention to the content we feel we can’t live without — essential content — the rest we ignore.
Still, more small-to-medium-size businesses turn to content marketing every day. Why?
Essential content fuels online marketing
In spite of content overload, essential content is still the most effective and cost-efficient way to reach your audience online.
- Attract, inform, engage and persuade customers and prospects
- Build relationships
- Generate leads and sales
That’s why more than 90% of small B2Bs consider content marketing important.
But with so much content out there, you can’t simply publish something and expect your ideal customers to pay attention, you have to earn that attention.
You need to have a firm grasp of what your prospects are looking for. You need to address their questions and understand what makes them ideal candidates for your products and services. You do that with essential content.
To get started, you need a strategy that specifies what kind of content is essential to those prospects and how to deliver it consistently.
Yet less than 50% of small B2Bs have a content strategy in place. No wonder so many of them tell survey after survey that they have no confidence in the effectiveness of their content marketing.
To develop a content strategy that works and gives you confidence in your content marketing, you need to:
- Be a content marketing expert, or
- Get lucky, or
- Get help from someone who knows what they’re doing
1SmartPuppy develops content and strategies that work
I’m Meyer Baron, the man behind 1SmartPuppy.
As a professional B2B content strategist and freelance copywriter, I develop content strategies that work and fuel your online marketing efforts with essential content.
My clients are small-to-medium-size B2Bs that need help overcoming their content problems.
Common content problems 1SmartPuppy solves
Many small-to-midsize B2Bs share these content problems.
Content strategy doesn’t …
- Exist | At least half of all B2Bs don’t have a content strategy
- Connect | Companies don’t know what kind of content is essential to their ideal customers
- Include | Many businesses are not creating content for use by sales and customer service
Copywriting isn’t …
- Engaging | Copy fails to engage, inform and persuade
- Performing | Doesn’t generate enough leads
- Aligned | Fails to align your company’s goals with your ideal customer’s needs
Ongoing content lacks …
- Quality | There is no consistently reliable source of essential content
- Variety | Different types of content are not being created to meet all audience preferences
- Stability | There are significant gaps in time when no content is published
How 1SmartPuppy makes your content problems will disappear
Rather than pat myself on the back, I’ll allow a client to do it for me.
“We first hired Meyer because we needed help with creating written content for various marketing projects for Bayprint, including Website, Email and Social Media. What we received in return was far more than just copywriting. Meyer’s comprehensive research helped him (and us) focus on what is most relevant, and his marketing savvy has gained a lot of attention for Bayprint on all platforms as we now reach the right people with the right message. Well done, Meyer!”
Al Karnavicius, President
Take a closer look
Prefer to cut to the chase? Contact Meyer Baron and let’s go fetch some customers.
Why hire a big dog agency when all you need is 1SmartPuppy?